Summary: Relaunch of California Avocado Commission’s website, avocado.org. CAC is responsible for the California Avocado brand, the leading brand in the 1+ billion pound avocado market. The CAC web site includes: consumer information and marketing promotions, recipe database, trade communications for foodservice and retailers, grower information and board and crisis communication portals.
Goal: Increase consumption of California avocados by encouraging trial, promoting higher multiples per purchase and educating on alternative use opportunities.
Results: Grew site visitors by 168% year-over-year. Nearly doubled pageviews from 2.1 million to 3.88 million. Grew number of recipes delivered 10x from 2.2 million recipes per year to 20 million recipes per year.
Role: Responsible for overall web site strategy including: content, promotions, functionality requirements and specifications, and online marketing to drive traffic. Drove to program goals across multiple business units and owners for: consumer marketing, foodservice marketing, retail support and grower communications. Lead on account as Sr. Account Executive.
- Personal letter of recommendation (PDF) from then-CEO Mark Affleck
- Custom-built recipe database
- Custom CMS management platform
- Crisis communication Web site
- Email marketing campaigns for consumers and growers
- Multi-audience web programs: consumers, growers, foodservice professionals, retail
- Seasonal and integrated campaigns including: Super Bowl, St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, 4th of July, Back to School and more